CharPad is a free cross-development tool for designing character mode graphics and game maps
for the Commodore 64 computer.
General Program Features...
• Design character sets, tile sets and maps.
• Pixel level editing of whole tiles at once (OR do it the old-school way).
• Edit character materials for collision detection purposes.
• Load and save SEUCK (Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit) compatible background files.
• VICE Snapshot Ripper, extract level data from existing games.
• Many useful operations such as scroll, flip, reflect and negative.
• Multiple levels of undo/redo.
Some of the improvements and changes in the latest version...
• Complete conversion/overhaul using C#/.NET framework.
• Several bug fixes and editing features added.
CharPad 2.3.0 (.NET 4.0)
CharPad 2.3.0 (.NET 3.5)
CharPad 2.0 Beta
CharPad 1.8 (Revision 3)